Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Broccoli Rabe, make it like a Native Italian


As a cookbook author, I am fortunate to travel and to meet wonderful people from all around the globe. Back in July of 2017, I was invited to the Jersey Shore, Ocean City to be exact. We had a traditional Italian Sunday Dinner of Pasta and Meatballs at Cynthia's Place. I'm not giving the dinner justice, we had perfect Italian wine, wonderful bread, yummy salad, fresh fruit, some of my Anise Gluten-Free Biscottis, and even Lemoncello Almonds (I didn't even know those existed!).

Even though I am a Native Californian, and Broccoli Rabe grows here, I never learned to cook it properly. Finding it is difficult at best, but that's for another blog post. UNTIL Now.

Broccoli Rabe

Directions: Fill a 3rd of a pot with water, not half, a 3rd, add brocolli Rabe and cook till tender with a fork to check. Once cooled, cut and toss out any of the thicker parts of the brocolli stem/stalk. Next, in a sauce pan, saute in extra virgin olive oil the brocolli rabe, add pinenuts and garlic. (in a separate pan, saute the pinenuts with nothing, just sort of roast them paying attention not to burn). Add more as a final step to the dish.

For these and other Italian Inspired dishes, Gina Ferrari Recipes. Check out How To Cook Like A Hot Italian Mama, by, Gina Ferrari Buy Today!


No comments:

Post a Comment