Saturday, January 26, 2019

Super Satisfying Strawberry Smoothie





There are many ways to make a smoothie, so after waiting in line at Jamba Juice yesterday and seeing a guy spend a small fortune on Ginger Shots as I was waiting for my Orange Dream Machine (Medium Size) in split cups, I told myself, "hey I have enough ingredients in my freezer and fridge to make a super satisfying smoothie." If you know me, the exact type of smoothie wasn't exactly decided upon, cause I had to see what was in the fridge and freezer and on the counter, so here goes:

1 4 ounce Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
1/4 cup of orange juice (!00% pure orange juice, no pulp)
3 chunks of coconut (16 ounce bag found at Trader Joe's, unsweetened coconut chunks)
5 large strawberries (strawberries can be frozen if not in season)
1 very ripe banana (bananas can be frozen)
handful of blueberries (can use frozen blueberries, blackberries).

What if I wanted to make this smoothie with more protein? I would substitute the yogurt for Greek yogurt.

Directions: Place all ingredients in a blender and puree for about 30 seconds, makes one smoothie.

For more smoothie and drink recipes buy today: My Sweet Valentine, non-alcoholic beverages, by, Gina Meyers




No comments:

Post a Comment