Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Meet Poet A.C. Vasquez







Gardens

I took a walk out on the moon and picked a flower for you
In case you wondered where I wandered as you slept
I lay awake while your dreams rose and fell and danced around the room
Whispering secrets that I smiled to know they kept

The window made a sudden screech as it slid open for me
I plucked the sound out of the air and placed it back
Your dreams stopped dancing and all stared at me with faces so mean
But you stayed sleeping so they let out quiet laughs

My steps made ripples in the sky as I moved further from you
Leaving a trail of stars to find my way back home
It was a long and lonely walk until my feet met the moon
Where everything was made of sound and colors sang instead of shone

That’s where I found a single flower wrapped in silence and grey
The only life upon the dark side of the moon
It looked up at me with indifference as I pulled it away
And followed every star that lead me back to you

I slipped in through the open window and your dreams slid it closed
I placed the flower, silence, and grey, upon your heart
When I awoke I found a garden, from that flower, had rose
It’s no surprise; I knew your love would do its part


                                                                                A.C. Vasquez




No comments:

Post a Comment