Thursday, October 22, 2020

Think Like A Monk. Grow Like a Human Choose Like a Champion By, Gina Meyers

 


Think Like A Monk.

Grow Like a Human

Choose Like a Champion


By, Gina Meyers


My book club is amazing! It has been a great source of consistency on Tuesday evenings. Every chapter in the books we've read, have been very helpful, and every chapter in our lives that we've been fortunate to share with the group too has had great meaning.


The one thing that the TEAM leader/facilitator of the book club, so to speak said, had great impact and meaning on me personally. 


She said she recently learned that the obligations that we make aren't chores, they are choices.


She also said that all of the choices we make basically summarize our "lifestyle choices." I needed to hear that. With so many Americans unemployed currently, they've had to find a new identity. I am grateful that I am a writer, own a publishing company because I had "something to fall back on during Covid". It also helped me realize that homeschooling my son is a "lifestyle choice", many people feel thrown into it, and US to some extent utilized it as a "last resort", but now are realizing that if balanced correctly we can have a more, "freeing and flexible lifestyle."


So, even though I didn't choose the "job loss", I did choose the "vocation gain" and all of the great things that come from realizing that everything I do, or don't do is a choice and that my choices make up my "lifestyle choices."


Happy Thursday!


https://serendipitymediagroup.com/books-for-sale

https://www.ginameyers.com/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment