Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me! by Gina Marie

 Collapse Subdiscussion

Gina Meye

Happy Birthday to Me!

by Gina Marie Meyers
















In a few short weeks I will be celebrating the 21st anniversary of my 29th birthday!


Words, songs, memories swirling through my head. What makes up Gina and her experiences in life? So many places to go, so many things to do. Will I dance in the rain or just complain? Life is uncertain so eat dessert first! Mottos, memories and my experiences in the making. Sharing and exploring the uncharted roads of my life, or as Ralph Waldo Emerson said. “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. 

 

Little Gina Marie stood by the door of her grandmother and grandfather’s 1930’s San Francisco Flat in North Beach, buttoning up her black peacoat with matching beret hat. Three year old, wide eyed, green eyed brunette Gina, with long straight hair ready to see the world. Can you feel Gina’s adventurous  temperament

Vocal Gina, excited to take in the sights and sounds of San Francisco, North Beach, The Italian District, ready to hear the fog horns and hear the high heels clicking and see the men and women sipping hot coffee and eating fresh french baguettes. 

Gina in her coat by the door, yells out in her little girl voice, “I want to go too, it’s for me, it’s for you.” Family, our primary beginning to socialize US,our introduction so to speak. Community our everlasting imprint on how to be in the world. Family and community to me are the food and fuel of our socialization story. 


What footprints will you leave in your family and community?


Gina is the author of three best-selling cookbooks and writes business books and books of inspiration as well. She is the owner of Serendipity Media Group. https://www.serendipitymediagroup.com


Whenever I do book signings, host trivia contests, guest speak, do cooking demonstrations, I always ask my audience, "what did you like to do when you were a child?"


I believe that tapping into our passions is the key to a fulfilled life. 


https://www.ginameyers.com





No comments:

Post a Comment