Monday, September 16, 2024

Fall Reads by Gina Meyers

 Fall Reads


Fall is almost upon us and it’s the perfect time to read and relax and do  some reading.


Here’s what I’ve read so far this year in no particular order. Because I am a new realtor, but a longtime author and publisher-- I get the opportunity to read upcoming books and unique indie books. I have reread my late friend Richard Parenti’s, Emotional Sobriety: Feel-Good Secrets for Everyone, a semi-autobiographical account of his recovering alcoholic status and how he implemented steps from Alcoholic Annonomous and re-worded them to change his outlook and prognosis. I also reread my cousin Marie Lavin’s, MFCC book, An Invitation To Change, a small book chalked full of wisdom and how energy healing can be effective in changing one’s outlook. I also read Don Miguels, The Four Agreements. I read and listened to his book on tape and also watched you tube videos that further dive into the agreements we make with ourselves and others.


For a more in depth explanation to the book, In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love. 

Don Miguel Ruiz has dedicated his life to sharing the wisdom of the ancient Toltec.



A book I am listening to that is an eye opener is called, The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy, by Thomas Stanley.  


No comments:

Post a Comment