Friday, July 24, 2026

Life Lessons Learned by Gina Meyers

 

Many years ago, I wrote a series of books called: Life Lessons Learned. Some of the books that I remember off hand are Life Lessons Learned from My Cat, Life Lessons Learned from My Fortunes Inspiration Edition, Life Lessons Learned Through the Seasons of Change, and many other compilations. As the dog days of summer continue on, I thought I'd share a few life lessons I've learned along the way.  

In keeping with this theme, I was thinking of a few lessons I've learned along the way.


Here are a few in no particular order


Life Lesson I learned from my former pastor during a sermon entitled, "No one volunteers to help take down the Christmas Tree," is that people generally don't volunteer willingly for what they perceive is the unfun stuff. 


Life Lesson I learned from myself but my dad when I was little pointed it out. "You can do your job the mean way or the nice way." (This was in reference to wait staff at various San Francisco eateries when I was a preteen and teenager. I can it, "doing your job the mean way." Code = wait staff is not very pleasant, mediocre really. "Doing their job the nice way." Code= wait staff is very nice, deserves a big tip, should be thanked for excellent customer service. 


Life Lesson learned from Dr. Wayne Dyer. The Cookie Thief Story. The jist of the story is Dr. Dyer is on an airplane sitting next to a woman who he believes is eating his cookies and he's kinda miffed that she keeps eating them though he's offered her some of his. Later, he discovers that she had the same bag of cookies that he did and that he was actually eating from her bag as he found his in his knapsack later after the airplane ride. Life lesson, sometimes we think someone else is being petty and inconsiderate when in fact they are actually being kind and generous. 


Life Lesson learned from listening. When I listen, I learn.


Life Lesson from my mom. When I was a preteen and a teenager, we used to invite sales people to our home to share what they were selling. We would invite our friends to come listen to the presentations.  We had Amway over, Mellaluca, I believe, Mary Kay Makeup Sales Associates, A Rainbow Vacuum Sales person, Tupperware, and I think a woman who sold clothing based upon "your season". Anyway, the life lesson I learned is my mom always made the sales person feel welcome. She would make a big dinner and they'd eat with us. I remember one sales lady was shocked, she was like, "no one has ever made dinner for me before."

So I guess the other lesson is that do the unexpected, be kind and good will follow. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment