Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Top 5 Things To Know About Author Gina Meyers

 

Top 5 Things To Know About Author Gina Meyers


1. When I was in kindergarten at Pinedale Elementary School, all the children, K-6th were asked to draw a poster for the upcoming Nelson/Pinedale School Carnival.




I won for the entire school and my poster was displayed at the School Carnival.

*They say to write what you know, the same goes for drawing, "draw what you know." I was a little girl, so I drew a picture of a little girl and a clown. The clown is holding balloons and so my hand is reaching towards the balloons. (The little girl is wearing a yellow dress with an apple on it). (My mom used to make some, not all of my dresses, and I would often request a special patch or something to make my dress unique/special). 

2. In the late 90's or early 2000's  ish, I tried Proactiv after watching an Infomercial. 

The product worked and I became a FAN. Inside one of the boxes, it asked to tell your story for a chance to be on the Proactiv Infomercial. 


I wrote a story, it was a tad fictitious (I said that on my wedding day I cried because I saw a pimple and couldn't do anything about it, but my mild exaggeration was enough to be chosen for an all expenses paid two day photo shoot.  They paid for my plane ticket, a hotel stay in San Francisco, and limousine transportation to the house they scouted for the shoot in Kentfield, California. I got to learn all of the behind scene tricks and tips. One of the more ironic things that happened is I had a "bra malfunction" and Judith Light's personal stylist took me to the guest house where Judith was staying to special pins to hide my bra straps so it wouldn't show on camera. My scene or what I thought was going to be my fifteen minutes of fame was scraped from final production due to a helicopter that was too close to the garden outdoors shoot. The other irony was the owners of the home used the money from Guthy Ranker to GROW their garden and on my lunch break, they drove me to my Great Aunt and Uncle's home who lived less than a mile away. 



 I wrote an e book about my experiences meeting Actress Judith Light. 

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/be-proactiv-stay-proactiv-my-experience-with-judith-light-gina-meyers/1102541391

3. When I was seven or eight years of age, I had a lemonade stand on the corner of 3rd and Alluvial, (we lived on the corner), so next to  my childhood home. Because it was beginning to become a busy street, I knew I would have customers. I made Cherry Koolaid and Country Time Lemonade. I had one ladle. A lady with a baby stopped and ordered a lemonade. I accidentally put the ladle in the Cherry Koolaid, so her lemonade looked like, "Pink Lemonade." I remember the lady saying to me, "I just love Pink Lemonade thank you so much." That moment in my life made a lasting impression on me, that there are no mistakes in cooking and it's ok to make mistakes, cause there really aren't mistakes.


After all, that's how cookies were invented. https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/CookieHistory.htm


4. I used to have Bewitched plays in my backyard! I always made my childhood friend Rose be Serena. She used to cry to her mom and say, "Gina is so bossy, she always wants to be Samantha!"

Me with three childhood stars from Bewitched. 

5. My friend Vicky invited me to the movie premier of Twilight. I couldn't get over how much the movie resonated with me and other women my age. I realized it would become a phenomena for all ages. As soon as I got home, (it was a midnight showing, so I pulled an almost all nigher) I snagged the book off my stepdaughter Makenna's bookshelf. She had requested the series of Twilight books from my mom as a birthday present. I read Twilight in three days and then was inspired to create a cookbook.


The title for the cookbook also was inspired. Love at first bite... The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook. 


My daughter Lauren was the hand model for the cover. We bought the red apple from Lassens supermarket and I suggested we carve a heart out of the middle of the apple, the rest is history.
















No comments:

Post a Comment