Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Cookbook Author, Gina Meyers, message about corona virus





I can feel a shift amidst all this craziness, can you? It feels like the old world is gone and a new world
is emerging, this resilience is what makes us strong and able to fight this horrific virus.
To all those suffering- people, countries, humans living in fear, continue to be strong!
We’re all in this together and for whatever reason this new normal and time for adjustment
is making us all aware of what really matters, family and friends, food, and good conversations. 


We can continue to find this during our staycation, we just might need to be a little creative.
Over the past few days, I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen, making dishes as promised
that are  satisfying.
For lunch, I created a Tuscan Chicken Spaghetti, for breakfast I experimented
making strawberry crepes. T
he evening brought the need for a little Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies and of course we are
remembering to eat our fruit and veggies. 


 Though each day has enough adventure, remember to take it moment by moment or day by day
for some. Out of this new normal, and being on a three week 
vacation from my full-time marketing job, I’ve been enjoying helping friends
with their strategic business adjustments and reacquainting
with some of my cookbooks and books of inspiration that I've written,
working on a new cookbook and spending time with my son. 


We're all adjusting to our new normal, and finding the bright side to all of it.
People are resilient, after all. I am enjoying my son playing the guitar,
our bike rides and our working together on his Spanish, Geometry, English, History, and Chemistry
courses. Luckily, unlike the rest of the world who is home-schooled,
we got a head start about 2 months ago, so our NEW normal already was in progress,
so a little less adjustments.


Remember to stay vigilant about your health, safety, and well being.
It’s ok to order take out, just choose wisely. Remember to practice social distancing,
this of course has been the most difficult for us,
especially when it looks like the 1980's all over again
at our local Park-everyone is out and about, but it's difficult
to maintain a safe distance or explain to a teenager that
your friends are off limits for the time being in person,
trying saying that while not sounding preachy or nagging.
Clean your room and your bathroom has taken
on a whole new tone now!

My son seems to be adjusting quite well to Facetime and the like,
spending many hours making tic tock videos and talking with his friends on the phone.
(Also rather similar to my teenage years, minus the tic tock)
We are all in this together. For better and for worse. 


My bright side? I've probably talked to my friends and family more in this last week than ever before.
Plus, I've gotten rather creative with sending postcards instead of letters. (Cheaper postage).
Old patterns of thought and behavior, have been replaced with more
friendly and informative interactions. 


I will continue to share recipes, trivia tidbits, marketing tips, and, of course inspiring messages
I’ve learned along the way from others. You can find FREE recipes on: https://www.ginameyers.com.
All of my books are on kindle, nook, and softcover with retailers such as Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
You can also purchase autographed copies here: Autographed Cookbooks


Thank you to all of the “essential workers” of the world.
We are all doing our part to make the world great again. Enjoy the rainbows and the sunsets.

Though my son and myself will have to postpone our Easter Vacation to Rome, Italy,
we hope that God willing we will be able to visit Italy soon!



To Your Health and Salute,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment