Monday, March 30, 2020

Well it must be a Monday in Pandemia, my new word for the world I currently live in during Covid-19, by, Gina Meyers



Well it must be a Monday in Pandemia, my new word for the world I currently live in.

Last night my washing machine broke. Wouldn't drain and the belt smelled or whatever mechanism is in that thing. I filled out an electronic work order and was called on my OLD phone number and criticized, chastised, and condemned this morning by the uptight, not knowledgeable manager.



Apartment manager, has always been difficult, she absconded with my charcoal grill from December until February, I thought someone had stolen it, cause after five years of living here, her justification was, "I am not allowed to have a charcoal grill." That's not what they told me five years ago, they said I could use it in my driveway and being that my daughter and her fiancee were visiting during Christmastime and they live in England, when I instructed John to use my hose to water down the coals and he cleaned it out, he placed it by the left side of my garage. Remember folks, people drive on the opposite side in England so they do things like me since I am left handed, LOL.

The derelicts who lived underneath me either moved out willingly or were forced out, regardless I lost a charcoal grill that I guess management thought was theirs when they vacated, either willingly or unwillingly, maybe that's where my three missing orders of Hello Fresh went and my bicycle and my box of vintage barbies. Anyhow, that's another story....

Back to this morning and Monday in Pandemia. It took practically a call to National Headquarters to get my washing machine fixed, apparently a pair of my panties got sucked into the drain, CRAZY. Also, last night, all this washing clothes in hot water caused my washer to malfunction. I had to call the apartment I live at and have a maintenance person come out and fix the problem. New problem, the way managers who used to be high strung and clueless now are taking the DEFENSE and calling me on my old phone number, even though they have my new number. The hassle that some people try to put you through isn't going to change due to a pandemic. If they hassled you before or were rude, don't expect them to change or be a nicer person now.

First accusatory question: "Are you sick?" NO. (thinking to myself, is that your business, are you SICK?) As in sick with the Corona Virus.
Second accusatory question: "Whose in the house at the moment?" Just me. Third accusatory statement, ARE YOU SURE? YES
Fourth accusatory statement: Well, when we do come over, if we decide to come over, you cannot be at home. (This made me think, they are painting outside and all of the cars have sheets except mine on it, they didn't offer, should I wait in my car??) I can't drive anywhere as there is a STAY at HOME Order in effect, my mind was swirling.
Me taking the bull by the horns. Who are you planning on sending? I need to know their name. They can go through my garage and go up the back stairs, they must wear booties and gloves, and a mask, if possible. I will disinfect before and after they come. My town home apartment model and the appliance that needs to be worked on there would be NO need to have contact with me. "Well, make sure the side door is closed too." Federal case, good thing washer works NOW, case closed.


If you can imagine, this also took an email to the more sensible assistant manager and texts that manager was able to send, but then suddenly was UNABLE?
TEXTS:

Good morning Gina. Maintenance is on his way to your apartment. Can you please leave the garage open for him. Thank you. 8:16am
Maintenance went over to your garage and it wasn't open. He is going to the next work order. Give us a call and we can set an appointment for you. Thank you! 8:21 am
It is open. 8:21am.
Ok. I will close. 8:23am
Text me when he arrives. 8:25am
Thanks for your inquiry! Our Leasing Center is currently closed, but we will get back to you as soon as we open! 8:30am




I'm out of espresso pods. Drove to Starbucks and they are closed due to COVID-19. Opted to put mask, gloves on and go through s.o.'s garage and use his espresso machine, with permission. Like a Brave New World, he can see me and talk with me through his RING system. I bring my can of Lysol, spray his key pad, take off my shoes, put the slippers I leave at his house on to walk a short distance to his espresso machine via the garage, laundry room, indoor ping pong table to the kitchen, try not to touch anything, I forgot my ceramic mug at home as I figured I was going to Starbucks to buy PODS, and use a Styrofoam cup

I've communicated with my son's tutors, son is chelaxing at his dad's house with no answer on if or when he's coming over here.

I started a new job yesterday. LOVE it, and grateful!

I really needed my cappuccino.

It's all good, tomorrow will be Tuesday.

For some reason, my life is feeling like Confessions of a Shopaholic scene where she opens the bills.


I guess it could be worse, we could all be hapless idiots in Independence Day. "Oh, wait". The Covid-19 Crisis can affect anyone, be safe and well and careful!





No comments:

Post a Comment