Saturday, January 23, 2021

Toddlers and Television, New Media and the Entertainment Industry


While reading, I discovered this alarming fact. Maybe it shouldn't surprise you, but it surprises me. 

A survey of US parents commissioned by the American Speech and Language Association (2015) of technology use by young children reported that 68% of 2-year-olds use tablets, 59% use Smartphone, and 44% use video game consoles. The use of these devices only increases with age through the age of 8. The internet now is the world's largest source of information. 


When my son was two years old, we were taking mommy and me swim lessons and he was playing in the mud in the backyard. When my daughter was two years old, she was playing in the sandbox and we were blowing bubbles together and she was starting her first dance interpretation class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment