Tuesday, May 5, 2020

My thoughts on the book Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life, by Dr. Wayne Dyer as it relates to mindset. With the help of Rhonda Byrne and Zig Zigglar






My thoughts on the book Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life, by Dr. Wayne Dyer as it relates to mindset.

By, Gina Meyers

One of the true blessings of sheltering in place has been the opportunity to read more.

When I was fourteen, I worked at my family's business, Cresci Brothers on historic Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. 

I worked in the souvenir shop. There was this one trinket that I was always curious about, it was a single cigarette in a glass tube and on the tube it said, "break in an emergency."


How often in life when the going gets tough the tough get going. And sometimes the rougher in life, people resort to what Zig Zigglar called, "stinkin' thinkin".


I'm here today to chronicle for you that it isn't the "silent enemy known as the virus that is going to kill us." It's the enemy within, the mindset.

I remember talking with a life coach years ago. She asked me a question, about what kind of person I am, a glass half full or a glass half empty kinda person. I of course, retorted, "I am a glass half full person."

She then asked me, "what's in the glass?" 

What are you filling your life up with? Is the glass half full of garbage, aka bad habits, or is the glass half full of crystal clear 100% fun, joyous, you choose life experiences?

If the glass is half full, what's the other half of the glass, empty space, missed opportunities or good luck, good fortune, positive vibes?

You get to choose! So, before you complain that someone else filled up your glass with garbage take responsibility for what you can control!

Your attitude, aka your mindset is all you have control over.

Break the glass ceiling of your mindset and you'll see that voir c'est croire. 


Voir c'est croire  means in English translated from French, seeing is believing. 

1) Visualize the life you want to have, the body you want, the friends you want.

Ronda Byrne also says this in The Magic, the sequel to The Secret. 

She also talks about having an Attitude of Gratitude.

Principles:
1) Visualize the life you want to have.
2) Have an Attitude of Gratitude
3) Stop the stinkin' thinkin'
4) Be kind and giving

That's the big takeaway, that we think we need things we don't. All we need is a positive mindset and a giving spirit.

So, there's no emergency, no need to break the glass to get that cigarette. Allow your glass to overflow with positive, giving, healthy, happy, productive things.






No comments:

Post a Comment