Thursday, May 7, 2020

Sheltering In Place, Songs About Cities






When you can't go anywhere, it has helped me to remember some of my favorite songs about cities.


Enjoy my list.


My dad and I have a favorite song that we performed in the kitchen or living room for many years. My daughter recorded us, but that recording from a couple of years ago has since been lost.

Midnight Train To Georgia, by Gladys Knight and The Pips.




It turns out my significant other and myself were both singing the same song a few days ago. We've also picked out the same Valentine's Day Card for each other, so it's not too surprising.

Galveston by, Glen Campbell




I started writing and researching my Bewitched Book when I was twelve years old. One day, I remember writing in the notebook at my Grandma Julie and Grandpa Joe's house in San Francisco. My grandma is from San Jose, California which is probably why I remember it coming on the radio.





No comments:

Post a Comment